Busworld Academy Seminar - Role and position of collective travel by road in a Belgian MaaS context
Open for everyone and free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
The third Busworld Academy seminar during Busworld Europe 2019 will be about the current MaaS situation in Belgium and the future opportunities and threats for the Belgian bus and coach industry. This seminar is co-organized together with ITS.be, ICB and HOGENT.
- Date: 21 October 2019
- Venue: Busworld, Brussels Expo
- Open for everyone and free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
- Target group: Belgian bus & coach operators, Belgian stakeholders in the MaaS Ecosystem
- 10:00 - 10:30: Registration and coffee
- 10:30 - 10:35: Welcome and opening by Jan Deman, Busworld Academy
- 10:35 - 10:45: Collective travel and MaaS - State of the art by Peter van der Perre, ITS.be
Part 1: Bus & coach in the multimodal mobility chain
- 10:45 - 11:05: MaaS: opportunity or threat for bus & coach-operator by Raluca Marian, IRU - World Road Transport Organisation
- 11:05 - 11:25: The Last Mile: a multifaceted role for bus & coach by Vincent Traen, Keolis
- 11:25 - 11:45: The position of bus & car within the MaaS marketplace
Part 2: On-demand public transport in Flanders: which role for bus & coach
- 11:45 - 12:05: MaaS in the Flemish region - Recent developments by Filip Boelaert, Department Mobility of the Flemish Region
- 12:05 - 12:25: Flexbus - on-demand mobility in a Flemish pilot study by Prof. dr. ir. Sidharta Gautama, Ghent University
- 12:25 - 12:40: Q&A
- 12:40 - 13:10: Lunch break
Part 3: Data generated by MaaS-platforms: which opportunities for bus & coach?
- 13:10 - 13:40: Using data to improve bus & coach services by Brice Tallon & Bert Dorleman, Hansea
- 13:40 - 14:00: Data - the crown jewels of MaaS platforms? by Maximilian Kaiser, Siemens
- 14:00 - 14:20: The possibilities of data in the bus & coach sector by Marko Javornik, Voyego
- 14:20 - 14:30: Q&A
- 14:30 - 14:45: Closing by dr. Tom Storme, HOGENT