Get on board for the biggest bus event in the world
Busworld Europe and UITP have joined forces to bring the sector an unmissable event: the 'UITP - Busworld International Bus Conference'. For the very first time, UITP's established 'International Bus Conference' will take place in conjunction with Busworld Europe in Kortrijk and this under the theme 'Integrate + Connect!'.
The conference is taking place at Monday 23 October and Tuesday 25 October, followed by the 'UITP Research & Innovation Day' on 25 October.
This collaboration will allow you to get the complete picture of what's happening in the bus sector.
Next to the vast range of products and services on display in the exhibition, the conferences programme will help you discovering fresh ideas, best practices and case studies and last but not least will give you advice on implementation.
During the 2 day conference (23-24.10.2017), over 40 speakers from across the bus sector and beyond will touch the following key topics:
- how to connect buses with their surroundings effectively
- autonomous buses
- rollout of electric bus fleets
- cost efficiency
- staying competitive in times of digitalisation
- modular and high capacity vehicles
- how new mobility services can be integrated with traditional public transport
The 'UITP Reseach & Innovation Day' (25.10.2017) will present supporting guidelines for the roll-out of electric bus fleets. The ZeEUS partners will share their results and experiences on ebus exploitation in 10 European demo cities.
- if: deciding to introduce electric buses or not
- when: planning, regulation, finance
- what: technology selection and procurement
- how: operating, maintenance and decommissioning
More detailed information about the two separate programmes and registrations can be consulted on the website www.uitpxbusworld.uitp.org.
You can also follow the hashtag #uitpxbusworld on twitter to stay up to date.